Keyword: Custom Software Development
Secondary keyword: software as a service, software company, software development company
Meta Title: Custom Software Development in 2024 Shaping The Future
Meta Description: Stay ahead in the dynamic realm of custom software development with insights into the latest trends in 2024. Discover emerging technologies & methodologies that enhance efficiency and innovation.
In the dynamic world of technology, staying ahead of the curve is important for businesses looking to thrive. In software development, trends are important to meeting customers’ needs. While designing software, knowing about the latest custom software development trends is always beneficial as it aids in completing the development in a limited time and cost. From Web 3.0 which changes the way we do operate to the rise of AL and ML technology; you’ll get the scoop on what’s driving innovation.
In this informative guide, we’ll look into the latest technology trends in software development that encourage businesses to review their 2024 strategy and revamp practices related to software as a service, and tools to accomplish their business goals.
Custom Software Development Statistics For 2024
- The global custom software development market size was worth USD 29.29 billion in 2022 which is expected to increase at a CAGR of 22.4% from 2022 to 2030.
- The industry with the maximum revenue share in 2022, more than 55.0% was the cloud deployment segment.
- The large enterprises segment holds the largest market share of more than 54% in 2022.
- The IT & telecom sector accounted for a reasonable market share of over 21% in 2022.
- When compared globally, North America dominated the custom software development market in 2022 with a revenue share exceeding 37%.
Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
Progressive web app development is one of the latest trends in software development offering the convenience and responsiveness of a mobile app backed with advanced features and hi-tech security. Initially, Google was the biggest supporter of PWA technology, but later many other companies as well deployed this technology clearly indicating its significance. With growing demand for more user-friendly websites and apps, PWAs will soon become popular globally.
Key Highlights of Progressive Web App
- PWAs are fast and responsive software as a service with quick loading time.
- PWAs consist of a diverse range of mobile app development features including notifications, offline support, and camera integration.
- PWAs come with a quick installation process.
- As compared to traditional websites, PWAs are more secure.
- PWAs are more affordable and have less maintenance cost than traditional mobile apps.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Both artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies are now the need of the hour. Advanced software solutions backed by AI and ML, capable of processing images, recognizing human speech, making future predictions, are now deployed within various sectors.
In the future, it is widely believed that all will become tech-savvy and artificial intelligence and machine learning are the most promising custom software development technologies.
Key Highlights of AI & ML
- Virtual assistants and chatbots help improve customer satisfaction and engagement in various sectors.
- Both AI and ML algorithms are used by software company to analyse user behaviour, detect anomalies and ensure the security of enterprise systems in case of cybersecurity threats.
Have you ever wondered how businesses operate online with evolving technology? Web 3.0 is the next phase of the internet, and it promises to make more alternations in the way businesses operate. It is the most popular technology deployed by a software development company. Some of the main features of web 3.0 that businesses can expect to see in the future include:
Features of Web 3
- Web 3.0 results in increased security and privacy.
- It is more secure, with features like encryption and verification that make it difficult for hackers to penetrate.
- It provides greater privacy for users, as tracking and compiling users’ data is quite difficult.
- Quite popular among businesses concerned about customers’ privacy.
- Web 3.0 is more efficient and scalable as compared to previous versions of the internet letting businesses enjoy fast loading times.
The Internet of Things (IoT)
The Internet of Things (IoT) stands out as a key custom software development trend in 2024, witnessing an increase in device connectivity and communication over the internet. IoT consists of a network of physical devices, vehicles, buildings, and more, embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and connectivity for data exchange. Edge computing, processing data closer to its source, emerges as a strategy to reduce latency and enhance IoT device and application performance.
Key Highlights of loT
- Provides seamless communication and data exchange between connected devices.
- Well equipped with sensors to collect data and actuators to perform actions based on that data.
- It processes and analyses large volumes of data either locally or in the cloud making tasks easy for software company.
- Ensures compatibility and smooth operation between diverse IoT devices and systems.
- Deploys measures like encryption and authentication to safeguard data and device integrity.
DevSecOps is another emerging software development trend becoming increasingly popular, and it is expected to rule the IT industry in 2024. Surging cyber-attacks have created security issues among businesses, thereby raising the need to protect crucial data and infrastructure. With DevSecOps, organisations can ensure protection of new software applications and adapt quickly to new threats. Moreover, businesses can easily deploy new software applications with least risk by leveraging new technologies such as automated testing and continuous integration.