Every bike owner will agree to the fact that a well maintained two wheeler is a pleasure to ride. Specially the road conditions we have in India, it is crucial to keep your bike in a good condition so that any hiccups can be avoided while riding your bike. You should maintain your bike in an excellent condition so that any injury or accident can be avoided. You have to make sure that you regularly avail services of Hero home services, Bajaj services and likewise.
Below are some tips that may help you in maintaining your bikes :
- Check the Engine Oil : Engine Oil is a crucial part of any bike. It keeps the engine and engine parts well lubricated and helps in cooling down of the engine. It also helps to keep impurities at bay and helps the different engine parts to have minimum friction between them.
- Tyres : Regularly check your tyres for wears and tears. Before every ride, have a look at both the tyres and make sure that there is sufficient air in them and there is no cut or hole. You should also get the air checked and refilled in your tyres regularly at the petrol pumps.
- Clean air filter : The air filter is a very vital part of your bike and thus it should be cleaned on a regular basis. The intake of air into the bike is affected if there are any dust particles or impurities in the filter. So make sure that you keep checking and cleaning it.
- Battery : The battery in any two wheeler empowers various functions of the bike like lights, indicators, self-start and so on. Having the battery functioning properly is important as it can easily enhance or degrade your experience of riding the bike.
- Inspect your transmission : Your bike chain needs to be inspected regularly and should be checked for damage. They also need to be lubricated at regular intervals. The chain of your motorcycle should have a free play of 2mm to 4mm.
- Engine Maintenance : This goes without saying that the engine is like the CPU of your bike. It should be well maintained in an excellent working condition at all times to ensure a smooth ride. Keeping your engine clean will also ensure better mileage for your bike. The carburettor should also be cleaned and the gaps of the spark plug should be set correctly.
- Clutch Adjustment : You should make sure that the clutch of your bike has enough free play. Getting it checked at every service visit is a good idea.
- Clean your bike : It is obviously essential to keep cleaning your bike. Dust particles deposited on the surface can affect the performance of the bike in the long run. Also, who doesn’t love their bike sparkly clean, isn’t it.
- Regularly replace the brake pads : Now brakes are a life saving part in any two wheeler. You have to make sure that the brakes are neither too tight, nor too loose. If the brakes of your bike are screeching, make sure to replace the brake pads right away.
- Riding Speed : A lot depends on the riding speed of your vehicle. Maintaining an average riding speed brings out the best performance of your bike with respect to mileage and safety as well. Avoid unnecessary speeding and rash driving. Even the police department will agree on this point.
In conclusion, a properly maintained bike is a rider’s delight and it ensures the safety and comfort of the owner. A well maintained bike also has a good resale value, should you consider selling it any point in future.