Video Analytics, also known as video content analytics or video content analysis (VCA) is the capability of automatically analyzing video to detect and determine temporal and spatial events. This technical capability is used in a wide range of domains including entertainment, healthcare, retail, transport, tourism, travel and hospitality sector.
The tourism sector has witnessed a huge growth in recent times, specially since all the COVID related restrictions have been lifted. People from all around the globe, who were forced to stay where they were due to travel restrictions have come out and are moving to several places for holidays and vacations and even for business.
It is of no doubt that as an industry grows, the rise of digital technology also grows with it and often becomes a catalyst in this growth process of that particular industry. If we talk about video analytics in the tourism sector, its role has become more and more significant as digital surveillance is needed at the airports, on the roads, at the railway stations and most importantly, at the hotels and lodges.
With the introduction of cloud video surveillance systems, the reliability of the hospitality industry on manpower and physical presence has significantly reduced. If we take an example, security concerns due to the absence of a security guard at a hotel can be easily overcome by the use of security cameras installed at the entrance. Even more so, the combination of video analytics and static guards make a powerful security system. For instance, if an incident occurs and there is no guard, video analytics can trigger an alarm, capture the images and instantly send alerts to the stakeholders on their mobile phones or other systems.
In video analytics, there are features like Automatic license plate recognition and motion detection that strongly empowers the government officials of any country to ensure that the traffic rules are followed. With the help of video cameras installed on the roads and traffic lights, the officials can easily determine the defaulters and digital applications can issue tokens and challans to the corresponding owners of the particular vehicle.
Even at the airports, features of video analytics such as facial recognition, crowd detection, people tracking etc can play a huge factor in ensuring the security of the people travelling and can prevent any major security incident. It can also be used for passport scanning at the entrance of the airport and boarding pass scanning at the boarding gates.
With the increase in the demand of cloud video surveillance systems, there are many brands that have come up with their own solutions and there is a fair competition among them. Here is a list of the best video analytics brand currently present in the market :
- Honeywell : The company is known for its advanced solutions and innovations and among the long list of its services is also video analytics. The company is popular for its video surveillance and access control solutions
- IBM : IBM also offers its services in video analytics and is among the top revenue generating company in the field.
- Axis communication : The company has multiple apps for video analytics that also includes the Axis Camera App Platform.
- Pure Tech Systems : The company is known for its excellent real time security solutions and also offers automatic protection systems. The software produced by the company is capable of offering automatic real-time event detection service.
- Agent video surveillance : When it comes to AI-powered analytics solutions, Agent Vinod is a reputed and high-rated company. It has a lot of tools for AI-powered video analytics and offers its services across the globe in the security domain. You can choose between on-premises and in-cloud services offered by the company according to your needs.
In conclusion, video analytics has become a crucial part of the tourism, travel and hospitality sector and the industry can benefit from its various features.