Millions of people in India now have easier lives because of United Payments Interface (UPI). Using a smartphone application, it enables immediate money transfers between bank accounts. Users may easily make and accept payments because of services like Google Pay, PhonePe, and NPCI’s BHIM. A reliable internet connection is necessary for all of these applications.
However, there might be times when a user doesn’t have access to the internet. The user may therefore find it challenging to make online payments.
To make it simpler for all the smartphone users to complete the digital payment process without an internet connection, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) recently announced a new UPI 123Pay project.
A user can rapidly transfer money utilizing the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) service due to this new feature UPI 123Pay. One can perform a variety of transactions utilizing this capability and various techniques. According to the NPCI’s official website, these include contacting an IVR (Interactive Voice Response) line, using an application on a smartphone, using a missed call-based approach, and proximity sound-based payments.
Anyone can pay for FAST Tags for automobiles and other utility payments using the 123Pay function. With the registered mobile phone number, one can easily check the balance of their UPI account. Additionally, the NPCI has made a hotline number available for calls 24 hours daily. Users can easily verify the digital payments and other inquiries by going to www.digisaathi.info or by calling 14431 and 1800 891 3333.
Requirements for Making UPI Payments Offline
- The mobile number has to be linked to UPI.
- The same mobile phone number must be connected to the bank account.
- Each such payment has a cost of Rs 0.50.
How to send payments via UPI without an internet connection
Users only need to adhere to a few basic steps to complete the UPI payment process. The UPI 123Pay feature, which can be accessed through the IVR service, must be used. Users would have to link their mobile number and bank account before setting up a UPI pin for security.
- The user must first call “08045163666” on the phone. Following that, users will be prompted to choose a language to make the UPI pay process easier for them.
- Users can now transfer money by pressing the number “1” on their phone’s keypad.
- When completed, they will be prompted to select the bank that works with UPI. Then, to confirm the information, users must once more tap the number “1” on their phone’s keypad.
- To transfer money, tap “1” once more. Type in the mobile phone number and confirm the information.
- Enter the UPI pin previously selected for transactions together with the amount users wish to transfer now.