A failed application is the biggest nightmare of any business. Thus, businesses prefer conducting complete testing to check the app’s functionality. Testing an application is as important as any other step of the software development cycle. Businesses can only launch the application to the actual audience if they test it. Irrespective of the time, effort, and money you invest in developing an application, several reasons could lead to a failed app.
The testing process is complex and time-consuming. So, different testing types are available to make the testing experience easier. Some companies prefer manual testing, but there are better approaches, like automating the testing approach.
In fear of delivering the best possible product to the market, businesses strictly emphasize conducting detailed testing, boosting the testing market globally.
If you are still thinking about automating your tests and improving your business efficiency, you must consider automated testers for hire to implement their expertise.
This article will help you understand how automated testing can help businesses deliver quality products and applications.
What is Automated Testing?
As the name suggests, does this automated testing is automated? Well, this is a misconception. People think of test automation as automatic, which is not valid. It is automation but not automatic.
Automated testing uses software tools to run tests on application code to verify if it functions as expected. Automated testing enables developers to quickly and efficiently validate that changes to the code do not break existing functionality. This approach to testing helps reduce the risk of human error and increases the speed and accuracy of the testing process.
The automation testing tools will only help businesses to solve testing or scalability challenges. It lets the teams build, configure, maintain, and verify the performance of automated tests. The actual success of automation testing is entirely dependent on testing experts. It is the team’s skills how that can automate it to reduce manual work and improve efficiency. Teams can leverage different types of automated testing as per their requirement.
What are the business benefits of Automated Testing?
Undoubtedly, automated testing can help businesses improve the efficiency of their product, services, or applications. It is a core part of every SDLC process that needs to be conducted at its pace for better results.
Below is a long list of the benefits of conducting automated testing and leveraging its optimum benefits.
- Faster feedback cycle- if you omit automation from your testing process, the testing will take time, and you might not get accurate results. Automating tests will reduce the feedback cycle and ensure fast validation for phases. Not only this, the team can determine the potential bugs at an early stage, improving efficiency.
- Reduced time- by automating the tests, the team can review the product’s newly added features and functionalities. It improves the team’s collaboration with the usage of the testing tools.
- Higher test coverage- with manual testing, teams get stuck with the limitations of the number of tests they can conduct. With automation testing, team members will also get time to write new tests and add them, increasing the test coverage.
- Reusability of the test suite- writing an automated test suite can be challenging, but once you do, you can reuse it for other projects.
- Faster time to market- as automated testing allows the team to conduct continuous testing of the newly added features and improves the feedback cycle, it results in a faster market to time.
- Better insights- with automated testing, the team will get quicker and better insights whenever any test fails. You can quickly check the memory contents, data tables, file contents, and other internal program states to understand what went wrong.
- Eliminate human error- automated testing reduces the potential human errors even for complex testing scenarios and ensures accurate results.
These benefits will become more robust with the proper testing framework at hand. With the availability of different testing frameworks, you must choose the proper framework. So, let’s see what options we have.
Effective Automated Testing frameworks and tools
Different tools have pros and cons and are suitable for different scenarios. We have summarized a list of tools you can consider for effective results.
Katalon Framework : Supported languages: Java and Groovy, OS compatibility: Windows, macOS, and Linux, Debugging UI and intelligent reporting, Reusable test artifacts and Test Artifact Sharing, easy-to-use UI for creating and managing automated tests, support for multiple scripting languages, integration with popular tools like Jira and Jenkins, and comprehensive reporting capabilities.
Apache JMeter: Supports Java, User-friendly UI/GUI and Beanshell processor for custom code. open source and free to use, having a large user community, supporting load testing of various applications including web, FTP, LDAP, and databases, allowing for easy creation and execution of test plans, providing real-time results analysis and reporting, and allowing for easy integration with continuous integration tools.
Robot Framework: Supports Python, Jython (Java), PyPy, and IronPython (.NET). open-source and free to use, having a simple and easy-to-learn syntax, allowing for test automation of various applications including web, desktop, and mobile, offering support for multiple programming languages, providing detailed test reports and logs, allowing for easy integration with continuous integration tools and systems, and having a large and active user community for support.
Watir ((Web Application Testing in Ruby): Supported language: Ruby. Compatible with browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari
JUnit: Supported language: Java. Extension APIs or extension mechanisms to work with third-party software
Robotium: Supports Java, Run-time binding to view all Android UI components and activities, open-source tool for automated testing of Android mobile applications, having a simple and easy-to-learn syntax, allowing for both black-box and white-box testing, providing detailed test reports and logs, allowing for easy integration with continuous integration tools and Gradle, Maven, and Ant to write automated mobile tests
Improve Automated Testing with OnGraph
Testing is crucial for any business’s success and delivering the best in the market. We need the right skill and talent to conduct the proper test to improve the process. You can partner with OnGraph and experience the results for a streamlined, automated testing process.
We have helped several companies improve their product quality and business efficiency globally. So, let’s connect with us regarding your project requirements.